Monday, September 9, 2019

Students and Cell Phones


Malletts Bay School is fortunate to have a full-time nurse on duty each day. As we begin the new school year, I would like to take a moment to remind you that if your student uses their personal cell phone to call you saying they are ill, please first ask them if they are in the health office. If they are not in the health office, please ask them to go there and check in with me. When your child arrives, I will discuss their symptoms and take a temperature and other vital signs as indicated. If the student is not acutely ill, I may allow them to rest awhile to see if symptoms subside. If your child is acutely ill, I will call you with my assessment results and concerns. 


Having your child check in at the health office allows me to touch base with them to see how they are doing. It is also an important way for me to keep track of health trends in the general school population. 

To provide the healthiest learning environment for our students and staff members, we need everyone’s assistance. Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to another great year at MBS. ~ Josie Lang, RN MEd

No comments:

Post a Comment